See photos (20)
Château de Hierges
1366000989 - Park and garden , Listed or registered (CNMHS) , French-style , Castle at Hierges
Warning: Unsecured hours
This castle is an outstanding example of Mosan Renaissance architecture, a subtle compromise between military constraints and the splendour of a princely residence (sixteenth century).
Shaped since the 10th century by successive owners, the... This castle is an outstanding example of Mosan Renaissance architecture, a subtle compromise between military constraints and the splendour of a princely residence (sixteenth century).
Shaped since the 10th century by successive owners, the castle of Hierges played an very important role in the transmission of Byzantine knowledge during the Crusades' return.
This castle was also at the heart of power struggles between Charles V and François 1st.
Residence of illustrious men, this fortress was a place of intrigues, power games and strategies that influenced the history of this region. The castle of Hierges also had the immense privilege of welcoming, within its walls, several royal families during the 20th century.
From the 10th century to the present day, you will discover, during your visit, more than one thousand years of history
... and most of all... stories and tales which will take you go back in time.
From 27 May 2020
From Wednesday to Saturday : 2pm and 3:30pm
The visitors should meet the guide at the meeting point (St. John the Baptist church). Together they will go to the castles gates to begin the visit.
Conditions for visits during this particular period Covid 19:
- wearing a mask is mandatory for visitors.
- the distance of 1 meter between the visitors and the guide must be respected during the visit and the stops for the guide’s comments.
- hydroalcoholic gel available to visitors at the entrance of the site.
- visit limited at 10 persons (guide included).
- guided tours can only be purchased on the internet ( www.valdardennetourisme.com : http://www.valdardennetourisme.com ) or in the shop of the Vireux-Wallerand and Givet tourist office and only ON RESERVATION 4 hours in advance.
- No visitor will be able to join the group without having booked his visit in advance.
Val d’Ardenne tourist office
Opening hours : Monday to Sunday from 10am till midtime and from 1pm to 6pm
Tel. 03 24 42 92 42 : tel:03 24 42 92 42
www.valdardennetourisme.com : http://www.valdardennetourisme.com
- Spoken languages
- Accepted customers
- Animals accepted
- Car park
- bus parking
- Access for disabled
- Special theme activity
- Temporary exhibitions
- Payment methods
- From May 27, 2020 until September 30, 2020