A Cistercian abbey and 24th daughter house of Clairvaux, it was founded in 1135 by St. Bernard.
Reconstructed by monks in the 18th century, it was sold as a national asset at the French Revolution, becoming a cotton spinner
business and holiday residence. In the 19th century it became a prison for women and the famous anarchist Louise Michel was held here. It then became a farm camp for underage delinquent boys.
It is now a cultural centre with a thriving music programme.
June 2, 2019
September 29, 2019
* Juin à Septembre : Visite historique audio-guidée et Centre d’art mardi : 14h00 à 18h30 mercredi au dimanche : 10h00 à 12h30 et de 14h00 à 18h30
- From June 2, 2019 until September 29, 2019