"La Crête" abbey church: this ancient abbey was founded in 1121, a sister to the Cistercian abbey at Morimond.
There were important architectural modifications in the 18th century before the abbey was partially destroyed during the Revolution.
It was entirely rebuilt in the beginning of the 18th century.
Following the Revolution, the church and the cloister were destroyed. The gatehouse dates to 1715-1730. Don’t miss: the buildings, the dovecote, the abbey residences, the surrounding wall and the “Simples” garden of Hildegarde.
Discover the 16 favorite plants of Hildegarde, which were formerly treated with the pharmacy of Joinville:
- drawings of the plants in academic boards, with use
- and garden of simple
- fast presentation of the pharmacy (of which the visit imposes itself on Joinville)
- plan of the garden of Saint Gall
- flowers of furnace bridge.
From January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
June 2, 2019
September 15, 2019
* Accueil par Madame Odile NARBONI Un dimanche sur deux, à partir du 2 juin. Jardin exclusivement : accès libre de Pâques à la Toussaint Pour les groupes (10 personnes minimum) sur rendez-vous jusqu'à fin octobre. Commentaires sur les extérieurs du site. Le tour du site à pieds (2km) est possible tous les jours, en promenade libre. Animations en extérieur, buvette et boutiques Projet en cours : restauration de la "Fontaine de la Grenouille".
- From June 2, 2019 until September 15, 2019
Add a review
There is no review about Abbaye De La Crete, Jardin D'hildegarde, be the first to leave one !