More than 900 people, EDF agents and industrial partners, work all year long on the site of Chooz. They work in different domains such as : safety, operations, maintenance, engineering, environment ...
From 1967 to 1991, EDF, in partnership with Belgium, operated a first unit, Chooz A with a capacity of 305 megawatts, it is the first pressurized water reactor in France.
Since 2007, this unit is currently being decommissioned.
The Public Information Centre welcomes you for free and without appointment in order to discover the nuclear energy.
It is open from Tuesday to Friday from 1.30pm to 5.30pm.
Closed on weekends.
Punctual openings during weekend of animation
The visit of the puclic information centre (area of 300m²) presents :
- The different means of electricity production
- The reaction of nuclear fission and the manufacturing process of uranium pellets
- The radioactivity
- The controlled area and the nuclear safety
- The controls in the environment
- The waste
- The nuclear power station of Chooz A in the process of demolition and its model
- The exploitation of the nuclear power station of Chooz B and its model of the reactor
The films-"C'est pas sorcier!" realized in Chooz: the functioning of a nuclear power station, the energy mix and the waste.
- Spoken languages
- Accepted customers
- Picnic area
- Car park
- Screening room
- Meeting room
- Special theme activity
- Learning workshop
- Adult workshop
- Children's workshop
- Temporary exhibitions
Add a review
There is no review about Centre D'information Du Public (Cnpe De Chooz), be the first to leave one !