Château des Comtes de Bryas

Historic site and monument ,  Classical ,  Castle at Fumay

Chateau des comtes de BryasDroits libres
  • Sold in the 19th century (1825) to an entrepreneur who established a factory of chicory, the castle became, in 1837, the ownership of the slate-quarry "St-Anne" until the liquidation of the company in 1946.

    Purchased by the town of Fumay in 1951, the building welcomes nowadays administrative services. The Castle of the Counts of Bryas is a listed building since 1972.

    A path, named "Le Jourdain" is accessible on the right side of this building. By these stairs, the minors could access to the slate quarry of the "St-Anne" mill. On the other bank of the river, you will see the retaining wall of the "Belle Rose" slate quarry.
  • Spoken languages
Add a review
Leave a review about Château Des Comtes De Bryas :
  • Horrible
  • Bad
  • Average
  • Good
  • Excellent
There is no review about Château Des Comtes De Bryas, be the first to leave one !