This hôtel, built around 1560 for Jean Le Boucherat, took its current name when it was bought by Jean d’Autruy, mayor of Troyes in 1592, ennobled by King Henry IV.
The façade dressed in the Champagne style, with alternating calcareous stone and brick, is decorated with a beautiful dormer window. The door’s lintel is sculpted and among the flowers and fruits is the Autruy family arms around a fighting cock, which is the emblem of the Boucherat family.
Around the corner on the rue de la Madeleine, we see a pretty five-sided tower against the façade, dressed with brick and stone.
Add a review
There is no review about Hôtel D'autruy, be the first to leave one !