Village de Vireux-Wallerand

Town, village, neighbourhood at Vireux-Wallerand

Vireux-WallerandDroits libres
Vireux-WallerandDroits libres
  • In the heart iof the forest, but nevertheless close to the river Meuse, you will like the beautiful villas along the banks of the river which makes Vireux-Wallerand so attractive.


    The town of Vireux Wallerand is French since a little bit more than 3 centuries, more precisely in 1678, and was formerly the land of Luxembourg.
    Of its belonging to the Counts of Luxembourg, king of Bohemia, the inhabitants of Vireux-Wallerand were named "Bohémons" then "Boïamons" hence the name given today to the people of this town : The "Bayamonts".
    Vireux-Wallerand has an architectural heritage which deserves to be seen : The Church of St. George, but also the castle situated along the banks of the river Meuse in a park, dating from 1714, then the "Risdoux" castle dating from the eighteenth century now rehabilitated by private individuals in accommodation.
  • Spoken languages
Add a review
Leave a review about Village De Vireux-Wallerand :
  • Horrible
  • Bad
  • Average
  • Good
  • Excellent
There is no review about Village De Vireux-Wallerand, be the first to leave one !