champagne 52 patrimoine arc en barrois chateau.


Historic site and monument ,  Castle in Arc-en-Barrois

  • The castle was built in 1845 by the princess of Orleans for king Louis-Philippe, his brother (today private field).

    It was equipped in 1873 by his son prince de Joinville, of a refrigerator of original design, which also transformed the old forging mill into sawmill in 1858 by equipping it with a steam engine of 80 horses.