Chateau des comtes de Bryas

Château des Comtes de Bryas

Historic site and monument ,  Classical ,  Castle at Fumay
  • Sold in the 19th century (1825) to an entrepreneur who established a factory of chicory, the castle became, in 1837, the ownership of the slate-quarry "St-Anne" until the liquidation of the company in 1946.

    Purchased by the town of Fumay in 1951, the building welcomes nowadays administrative services. The Castle of the Counts of Bryas is a listed building since 1972.

    A path, named "Le Jourdain" is accessible on the right side of this building. By these stairs, the minors could access to...
    Sold in the 19th century (1825) to an entrepreneur who established a factory of chicory, the castle became, in 1837, the ownership of the slate-quarry "St-Anne" until the liquidation of the company in 1946.

    Purchased by the town of Fumay in 1951, the building welcomes nowadays administrative services. The Castle of the Counts of Bryas is a listed building since 1972.

    A path, named "Le Jourdain" is accessible on the right side of this building. By these stairs, the minors could access to the slate quarry of the "St-Anne" mill. On the other bank of the river, you will see the retaining wall of the "Belle Rose" slate quarry.
  • Spoken languages