This church dominates the Place Notre Dame from its massive silhouette since the 12th century, making it in Haute-Marne, one of the few Romanesque buildings of this size.
From an architectural point of view, influences from Lorraine and Champagne give it its originality and the transformations and additions made over time (Gothic windows, chapels and towers ...) do not affect its harmony.
Its construction begins in the 10th century but it is the 12th century church that will be classified as a Historical Monument in 1875:
- Nave, choir and bell tower novels,
- Reinforced Rhenish style portico and portico
Do not miss :
- The historiated capitals that crown the columns at the entrance to the nave
- The organ Louis le Bé (classified MH and one of the 3 that has Champagne), always in its original tone and which allows to interpret a repertoire of two centuries of music (1650-1850).
From January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019