La Maison du Gros Chien
Historic site and monument , Town of art and history , Industry at Sedan
See photos (4)
The building, dating from 1629, is called "le Gros Chien" (the Big Dog), probably in reference to a shield. The whole building was bought at the end of the seventeenth century, and in 1726 it became a Privileged Royal Linen Factory. In the inner courtyard, accessible through the Académie des Exercices on rue Berchet, there are the mascarons of the "Court of Heads" create its all the architectural uniqueness. The Court of Heads is a historical monument.
Visible from the outside only.
More information in the brochure "Laissez vous conter Sedan"
- Spoken languages