The architects have retained the façade built by Alphonse Gosset in 1873, but behind it they totally restructured the interior of the last public edifice built after the First World War in the Art Deco style.The last public edifice built after the First World War, the Grand Théâtre in Reims did not open until November 1931. The architects François Maille and Louis Sollier retained the façade built by Alphonse Gosset in 1873, but behind it they totally restructured the interior in the Art Deco style. The architect's sister, Marcelle Sollier, created the bas reliefs in the double stairwell of the main staircase, in the same style as those of Antoine Bourdelle in Paris. Edgar Brandt executed the ironwork in the wells of the small staircases and the "shield" chandelier in the theatre, completed by glasswork by Jacques Simon. The paintings by Rousseau-Decelle "The theatre arts being born of the feast of Bacchus" adorn the ceiling of the theatre.
After the closure of the Chanzy fire station, which adjoins the Grand Theatre, the latter became the subject of a restoration campaign. The interior décor has been modified slightly whilst retaining its original style.
- In the town centre