See photos (2)
1366000967 - Historic site and monument , Listed or registered (CNMHS) , Military , Tower in Givet
Warning: Unsecured hours
This 3-level cylindrical tower was originally the keep of the seigneurial residence that occupied the southwest corner of the Castrum of Givet Saint-Hilaire.
Monument not open to the public inside.
A bit of history...
In the past, the tower was simply called the thour de Givet, the big thour de Givet or the thourfort.
The name Victoire would only date back to the French period.
Probably renamed thus in honor of Louis XIV and his armies, winner of the siege of Namur in 1692.